– Friday 09/03 19.00: opening hackathon and forming teams
– Friday 09/03 19.30: explanation of problem and dataset
– Friday 09/03 20.15: official start hackathon
– Sunday 11/03 12.30: end of hackathon
– Sunday 11/03 13.00: start of award ceremony with special guest: Ozark Henry!
– Sunday 11/03 15.00: end of ceremony & reception
Venue & accomodation
There are plenty of hotels in the neighbourhood (prices starting at 25EUR/night). Link
If you want to stay over at DigitYser, you can take your matras and sleeping bag and use the top floor to rest.
The hackathon is free (drinks included but no food). If you want us to take care of food, you can also participate in the group purchase of food. To make sure that we can provide your drinks and (optional) your food, you are required to register with the official Eventbrite form. (The meetup registrations are not enough).
The idea is to make MIDI files using neural networks, that are trained on historic ones.
To get an introduction to the problem and possible solutions, you can check out:
for pointers/code and datasets. If you want an overview of all possible datasets, you can also check out the MIDI-files collection on:
During the hackathon you can use any datasets you want!